UNCG (5-3) at Charleston Southern (4-1), March 10, 10 a.m., Charleston, S.C.
- UNCG's women's tennis team wraps up its Spring Break trip with a match at Charleston Southern on Saturday at 10 a.m. at the Buccaneer Tennis Center.
- The Spartans have won five of their last six matches, including a 5-2 road win at Coastal Carolina on Wednesday. UNCG picked up a trio of three-set singles wins en route to handing the Chanticleers their first loss of the season. Niltooli Wilkins, Alex Whitehead, Annette Rios and Stephanie Falcon all collected singles wins, while Wilkins and Lucy Dougherty won at No. 1 doubles and Rios and Kayla Gammie won at No. 3.
- Wilkins paces UNCG with a 17-6 record and is 7-1 in dual play, all at No. 1. She has won seven straight since opening the dual campaign with a 7-5, 7-5 loss to No. 44 Zoe De Bruycker of North Carolina on Jan. 18.
- Falcon, a freshman, is second on the squad with a 16-5 record (5-3 dual), while Devon Sutherland is 10-7 overall and 3-1 in dual play.
- In doubles play, Wilkins and Dougherty, who were ranked 40th nationally in doubles earlier in the season, are 15-6 so far on the season with a 6-1 dual mark. The duo has won six straight since opening the season with a loss at No. 4 North Carolina. Falcon and Sutherland are 7-4 together, while Gammie and Rios are 6-3 with a 4-1 dual mark.
- The Spartans are in the midst of a seven-match road swing, which started at Longwood on March 1. UNCG opens Southern Conference play next weekend at Samford and Chattanooga.
- Charleston Southern is 2-0 against SoCon teams this season with 6-1 wins over Georgia Southern and Wofford.
- The Buccaneers also own 4-3 wins over Radford and Iowa State and a 4-3 loss at North Florida. The Bucs host No. 67 UNCW on Friday at 2 p.m.
- CSU opened Big South Conference play with a win over Radford on Sunday. The Bucs took wins at Nos. 1 and 2 doubles to clinch the point, then got wins from Olga Makhova at No. 1 singles, Yvonne Hubler at No. 3 and Alexandra Walters at No. 5.
- Makhova is a three-time All-Big South selection and a two-time Big South Player of the Year.
- Walters is 4-0 in dual play this season, all at No. 5. Hubler is 4-1 at No. 3, while Marija Dzakovic is 4-1 at No. 4. Makhova is 3-1 at No. 1.
- In doubles play, Hubler and Walters are a team-best 3-1 at No. 1. Dzakovic and Makhova are 1-3 at No. 1 and Susita Das and Alia Nour are 2-2 at No. 3.
- UNCG took a 5-1 win over CSU on March 31 of last season at the Piedmont Indoor Tennis Center in Greensboro. The Spartans swept through singles play and took wins everywhere in singles but at No. 2, where Dzakovic downed Whitehead.
- UNCG -