UNCG (4-3) at Coastal Carolina (6-0), March 7, 1:30 p.m., Conway, S.C.
- UNCG's women's tennis team will try to hand Coastal Carolina its first loss of the season when the Spartans visit the Chanticleers in Conway, S.C., on Wednesday.
- The Spartans have won four of their last five matches, including a 6-1 road win at Longwood on Thursday. UNCG got wins at Nos. 1 and 2 doubles and Nos. 1-5 singles.
- Redshirt junior Niltooli Wilkins paces UNCG with a 16-6 record and is 6-1 in dual play, all at No. 1. Freshman Stephanie Falcon is second on the squad with a 15-5 record, while Devon Sutherland is 10-7 and 3-1 in dual play.
- In doubles play, Wilkins and Lucy Dougherty, who were ranked 40th nationally in doubles earlier in the season, are 14-6 so far on the season with a 5-1 dual mark. Falcon and Sutherland are 7-4 together, while Kayla Gammie and Annette Rios are 5-3 with a 3-1 dual mark.
- The Spartans are in the midst of a seven-match road swing, which started at Longwood. UNCG had been slated to play at UNCW on Saturday, but that match was postponed by inclement weather and will not be played on April 13.
- Coastal Carolina has already faced three Southern Conference teams and has opened its dual season with wins over Georgia Southern, USC Upstate, Western Carolina, Liberty, Wofford and Radford, all at home.
- The Chanticleers have been dominating teams so far, with just one match decided by a 4-3 score. They beat Wofford 5-2 and have posted two wins of 6-1 and two of 7-0. Last time out, CCU ran its Big South Conference record to 2-0 with a 6-1 win over Radford. Coastal swept through doubles and got wins in singles everywhere but at No. 6.
- A pair of Chanticleers are undefeated in dual singles play, with Diana Mortlock boasting a perfect 6-0 mark at No. 2 and Mikaela Kristofersson owning an identical mark at No. 3. Miki Bunea is 5-1 at No. 1 and Katie Fosnacht is 5-1 at No. 4.
- CCU has been just as dominant in doubles play, going 16-2 as a team thus far. Kourtney Kowal and Maria Hesketh are a perfect 5-0 at No. 3, while Mortlock and Bunea are 5-1 at No. 1 and Kristoferrson and Fosnacht are 5-1 at No. 2. Amanda Malatek and Dominique De Wit are 1-0 at No. 3.
- Fosnacht has been named the Big South Freshman of the Week twice this season.
- Next up for UNCG is a match at Charleston Southern on Saturday at 10 a.m.
- UNCG -