UNCG at the UVa Fall Invitational, Sept. 16-18, Charlottesville, Va.
- UNCG will send a small contingent of women's tennis players to Charlottesville, Va., this weekend to compete in the UVa Fall Invitational, hosted by the University of Virginia from Friday to Sunday at the Snyder Tennis Center.
- The UVa Fall Invitational will include players from Marshall, NC State, Old Dominion, UNCG, Virginia, VCU, Wake Forest, William & Mary and Winthrop. The tournament will get under way at 9 a.m. each day.
- UNCG had a successful fall debut at the Davidson Fall Invitational last weekend, with Wilkins, Falcon, Alex Whitehead and Kayla Gammie winning singles flight titles and Wilkins and Dougherty, Whitehead and Dilara Yurtkuran and Gammie and Sutherland winning doubles flight titles.
- Last season at the UVa Invitational, Wilkins, Whitehead, Stephanie Macfarlane and Annette Rios represented the Spartans. Wilkins lost in the Flight B singles final to Virginia's Maria Fuccillo, while Whitehead and Macfarlane took third place in the Flight B doubles bracket, downing Marshall's Karlyn Timko and Kara Kucin.
- The Spartans have four more fall tournaments on the slate in 2011: the Wake Forest Invitational, the Riviera/ITA Women's All-American Championship in Pacific Palisades, Calif., the USTA/ITA Regional Championships in Chapel Hill, N.C., and the Kitty Harrison Invitational, also in Chapel Hill.
- UNCG -