CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. – Freshman Lucy Dougherty won her 19th match of the year as UNC Greensboro topped Chattanooga, 7-0, in Southern Conference women's tennis action.
The Spartans raised their record to 12-5 overall, 6-2 in league play, while the Lady Mocs fell to 6-13 on the year, 2-7 in conference action.
Dougherty topped Brianna Wishing, 6-1 and 6-0, for her 14th win in the last 15 outings. The victory moved Dougherty to 19-8 on the year, including 14-3 this spring.
The doubles duo of Alejandra Guerra and Arielle VonStrolley won their 20th match of the year, moving to 20-8 on the year with an 8-1 win over Emily Hangstefer and Grace Robinette. Guerra also won her 25th singles match of the year, defeating Shaina Singh, 6-3 and 6-0. The senior from Tampico, Mexico is now 25-8 in singles play who is ranked No. 92 in the nation, including 13-3 this spring.
UNCG returns to action Sunday at Samford.
Tennis Match Results
UNC Greensboro vs Chattanooga
Apr 11, 2009 at Chattanooga, Tenn.
(UTC Tennis Complex)
UNC Greensboro 7, Chattanooga 0
1. Alejandra Guerra (UNCG) def. Shaina Singh (UTC) 6-3, 6-0
2. Valerie Behr (UNCG) def. Emily Hangstefer (UTC) 4-6, 6-3, 1-0 (11-9)
3. Arielle VonStrolley (UNCG) def. Charlotte Bossy (UTC) 6-0, 6-3
4. Britney Cloer (UNCG) def. Annie Green (UTC) 6-4, 7-6 (7-3)
5. Lucy Dougherty (UNCG) def. Brianna Wishing (UTC) 6-1, 6-0
6. Jessica Eblen (UNCG) def. Kate Ksiezopolski (UTC) 6-4, 6-4
1. Alejandra Guerra/Arielle VonStrolley (UNCG) def. Emily Hangstefer/Grace Robinette (UTC) 8-1
2. Valerie Behr/Lucy Dougherty (UNCG) def. Annie Green/J. van der Veek (UTC) 8-3
3. Charlotte Bossy/Shaina Singh (UTC) def. Britney Cloer/Jessica Eblen (UNCG) 8-6
- UNCG -