UNCG (2-4) vs. Belmont (1-3), Feb. 24, 12:30 p.m., Piedmont Indoor Tennis Center
- UNCG will try to snap a two-match losing streak when it hosts Belmont at 12:30 p.m. Friday at the Piedmont Indoor Tennis Center. The contest was originally supposed to be held at the UNCG Tennis Courts at 2 p.m. but has been moved because of the threat of inclement weather.
- The Spartans have been nothing short of dominant at home over the last several seasons. Including matches at Starmount Forest Country Club and Piedmont Indoor Tennis Center, as well as outdoor matches at the UNCG Tennis Courts, UNCG is 25-2 in its last 27 home matches, dating back to the 2009 season. UNCG is 7-0 in indoor home matches in that span.
- The Spartans fell to Charlotte on Feb. 17, 4-3, at the UNCG Tennis Courts. UNCG got a win from Randy Phillips and Chanon Varapongsittikul at No. 2 doubles and wins from Phillips, Orcun Seyrek and Ahmet Sarioglu in singles. Charlotte rallied from first-set losses at Nos. 5 and 6 singles to take three-set wins and clinch the match.
- Seyrek is ranked 11th in singles in the Carolinas Region by the ITA. A three-time All-Southern Conference selection, Seyrek was 20-11 in singles last year, marking his third straight season with 20+ singles wins.
- Sarioglu leads the team in singles wins with a 10-5 mark on the young season and is 4-2 in dual play. Phillips is second on the squad in wins and owns a 7-8 record (3-3 dual). In doubles play, Phillips and Varapongsittikul are 6-5 together (2-4 dual), while Sarioglu and Seyrek are 5-5 with a 3-3 dual mark at No. 1.
- Belmont is 1-3 on the season with losses to Austin Peay, Chattanooga and No. 35 Louisville and a win over Jacksonville State.
- In their 6-1 loss to the ranked Cardinals on Saturday, the Bruins picked up their lone win at No. 1 singles, where Renato Antun earned a straight-sets victory.
- Rafael Matos is a team-best 14-4 on the season, Bruno Silva is 12-4 and Henrique Borbiato is 10-6, but each of them is just 2-2 in the spring. Antun is 7-5 overall but 3-1 in dual matches, with a 2-0 mark at No. 1.
- In doubles play, Norbiato and Silva are 5-2 together. Antun and Matos are 5-4 overall and 2-2 at No. 1.
- All six members of the Belmont roster are from Brazil.
- UNCG -