UNCG men's tennis set for Elon Invitational this weekend
UNCG at the Elon Invitational, Oct. 7-9, Elon, N.C.
- UNCG sophomore Jimmy Roueche and freshmen Will Kent and Randy Phillips will represent the Spartans this weekend at the Elon Invitational, being played at the Burlington Tennis Center and the Jimmy Powell Tennis Center.
- The tournament will take place at the Burlington Tennis Center on Friday and Saturday and conclude at the Jimmy Powell Tennis Center on Elon's campus on Sunday.
- The Elon Invitational will include student-athletes from Campbell, Coastal Carolina, Duke, East Carolina, Elon, Georgia Southern, Longwood, UNCG, NC State, North Carolina Wesleyan, Old Dominion, Radford, Richmond, USC Upstate and Wake Forest.
- UNCG was last in action at the ITA All-American Championships in Tulsa, Okla., from Oct. 1-3. Orcun Seyrek, Ahmet Sarioglu and Chanon Varapongsittikul represented UNCG at the tournament, with Sarioglu and Varapongsittikul falling in the pre-qualifying rounds and Seyrek losing in the qualifying singles first round.
- Roueche, Kent and Phillips last competed at the UNCG Fall Invitational from Sept. 9-11. Varapongsittikul and Phillips won the B Doubles flight championship, while Roueche lost in the A4 Singles final. Phillips lost in the A3 Singles consolation final.
- Roueche and Kent each went 1-2 at the UNCG Fall Invitational, while Phillips finished 3-2. Kent and Roueche were 2-1 as a doubles tandem, while Phillips went 3-0 with Varapongsittikul.
- UNCG will wrap up the fall slate at the USTA/ITA Regional Championships in Chapel Hill, N.C., from Oct. 13-16.
- UNCG -