UNCG falls to College of Charleston, 7-0, in SoCon men's tennis action
GREENSBORO, NC – College of Charleston won all six singles matches and two of three doubles contests to defeat UNC Greensboro, 7-0, in Southern Conference men’s tennis action Sunday afternoon.
The Spartans’ lone win of the afternoon came at No. 1 doubles when Andrey Bubnov and Arsel Kumdereli to win their pro-set, 8-4. However, the Cougars won the other two pro-sets to earn the doubles point and then swept through the singles matches for the victory.
UNCG (4-9, 0-4 SoCon) returns to action on Thursday when it hosts East Carolina for a 1:30 pm match-up.
1. Andrey Bubnov/Arsel Kumdereli (UNCG) def. Or Dekel/Marcus DiGliodo 8-4
2. Perry Allen/Omer Abramovich (CofC) def. Martin Redelinghuys/Ian Conchar 8-2
3. Justin Malina/James Petit (CofC) def. Jason Steinhorn/Taylor Befus 8-3
1. Or Dekel (CofC) def. Andrey Bubnov 6-3, 6-4
2. Marcus DiGliodo (CofC) def. Arsel Kumdereli 6-3, 6-2
3. Justin Malina (CofC) def. Martin Redelinghuys 6-4, 6-1
4. Omer Abramovich (CofC) def. Ian Conchar 6-4, 6-2
5. Perry Allen (CofC) def. Jason Steinhorn 4-6, 6-0, 1-0 (10-8)
6. Steven Myers (CofC) def. William Adeimy 6-2, 6-4
- UNCG -