CHATTANOOGA, TN – Andrey Bubnov was a double winner on Saturday, but it wasn’t enough as UNC Greensboro lost to Chattanooga, 5-2, in men’s tennis action.
The duo of Bubnov and Arsel Kumdereli, ranked No. 48 in the nation this week, were victorious again on Saturday, winning their pro-set 9-8 over Mark Fynn and Peter Sauska to help UNCG earn the doubles point. However, Chattanooga won five of the six singles matches to earn its seventh straight win.
Bubnov picked up UNCG’s only singles win, earning a three-set win over Badr Bouabdellah. Bubnov lost the opening set, 6-3, but then won the second set by the identical score and won a 10-point tiebreaker to earn the victory.
UNCG returns to action Friday when it hosts Navy at 2 pm.
1. Andrey Bubnov (UNCG) def. Badr Bouabdellah (UTC), 3-6, 6-3, 10-7
2. Mark Fynn (UTC) def. William Adeimy (UNCG), 6-2, 6-2
3. Peter Sauska (UTC) def. Arsel Kumdereli (UNCG), 6-1, 7-6
4. Razvan Axente (UTC) def. Ian Conchar (UNCG), 6-0, 6-4
5. Pavel Vostrikov (UTC) def. William John (UNCG), 6-2, 6-0
6. Michael Hangstefer (UTC) def. Jason Steinhorn (UNCG), 6-2, 6-1
1. Bubnov-Kumdereli (UNCG) def. Fynn-Sauska (UTC), 9-8
2. Adeimy-Redelinghuys (UNCG) def. Bouabdellah-Hangstefer (UTC), 8-4
3. Axente-Vostrikov (UTC) def. John-Steinhorn (UNCG), 8-3
- UNCG -