RALEIGH, NC – North Carolina State swept all six singles’ matches and the three doubles’ pro-sets to snap UNC Greensboro’s two-match winning streak, 7-0, in men’s tennis action Tuesday night.
The Wolfpack was ranked No. 35 as a team this week in the FILA/ITA Collegiate Rankings. After defeating East Carolina and UNCG on Tuesday, they are now 8-0 on the spring season. Four of their wins have come by 7-0 scores.
The Spartans (2-3) nearly avoided the shutout at No. 6 singles. William John won the first set, 7-6, against David Schinke. But Schinke came back to win the second set, 6-3, and then won the tie-breaker, 10-6.
UNCG returns to action on Saturday when it faces Dartmouth in a match that will be played in Chapel Hill, NC.
1. McGee (NCSU) d. A. Bubnov (UNCG), 6-2, 6-2
2. Iriarte (NCSU) d. M. Redelinghuys (UNCG), 6-1, 6-3
3. Zink (NCSU) d. A. Kumdereli (UNCG), 6-4, 6-3
4. Welte (NCSU) d. I. Conchar (UNCG), 6-3, 6-1
5. Prandecki (NCSU) d. W. Adeimy (UNCG), 6-2, 6-3
6. Schinke d. W. John (UNCG), 6-7, 6-3, 1-0 (10-6)
1. McGee/Zink (NCSU) d. A. Bubnov/A. Kumdereli (UNCG), 8-4
2. Iraite/Welte (NCSU) d. W. Adeimy/M. Redelinghuys (UNCG), 8-4
3. Prandecki/Schinke (NCSU) d. I. Conchar/W. John (UNCG), 8-5
- UNCG -