Athletic Training information
- Incoming Student-Athlete Welcome Letter
- ADHD Info Sheet
- Sickle cell educational information (powerpoint)
- Student-Athlete Portal
(FORMS ABOVE ARE UPDATED FOR 2013-14 ACADEMIC YEAR)
Dear UNCG Student-Athlete and Parents,
If you (son/daughter) have/has ever been diagnosed with ADHD OR prescribed stimulant medication to treat ADHD, please be certain to read the specific documents that we must have on file, in the event of Drug Testing. Receipt of these documents will be required for medical clearance. The ADHD Info Sheet is accessible through the Athletic Training section, found under the Inside Athletics tab at www.uncgspartans.com. Also on this website, please view Sickle cell educational information.
Click the link for the Student Athlete Portal <uncg2.atsusers.com>. You (son/daughter) will need to complete all forms online, which should take approximately 30 minutes, and instructions on how to do so are listed below. All information is confidential as a part of your medical record and will aid the UNCG Sports Medicine staff in caring for you in the best possible manner. Participation clearance requires each student-athlete to undergo an orthopedic screen and general medical evaluation by the UNCG Sports Medicine Staff.
Log in information for you (son/daughter): ‘Athlete ID’ is your (son/daughter) UNCG Banner ID number and the default password is: ‘uncgathlete’. Please then click on Athlete Information.
- Verify First Name, Middle Initial, and Last Name. Please correct any spelling errors.
- Choose your (son/daughter) gender
- Enter your (son/daughter) correct date of birth (DOB)
- Input athlete cell phone number
- Enter athlete home address in the first ‘Additional Address’ field and corresponding City, State/Province, and Zip Code.
- Choose a new password. Please DO NOT enter an ‘Alternate ID’.
- Click on all medical alerts that apply to you (son/daughter)
- Click on all allergies that apply to you (son/daughter) or enter any allergies that are not listed
- Click on all medications that you (son/daughter) are currently taking
10. Click ‘Save Athlete Information’
- Insurance type (medical insurance information is required, vision/dental is optional)
- Enter “1” in Payor #
- ID# and/or Group#
- If insurance is an HMO: Primary Care Physician and Physician Phone
- Policy Holder First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Date of Birth (DOB), Relation, Street Address, City, State, Zip, Phone, and Employer
- If possible, please scan the front and back of your (son/daughter) insurance card and upload the card by clicking ‘Select’ next to Card Front Image and Card Back Image. If you cannot scan your insurance card, instructions on what to do are listed at the end of this letter.
- Click the blue to save the information.
- Contact Order (Rank who we should contact first (1), second (2), third (3), etc.)
- Primary phone, cell phone and/or work phone
- E-Mail address
- Click the blue to save the information.
To complete required forms:
- Click on the drop-down list next to ‘Form Name’ to select a form (only complete the forms listed below)
- Click ‘New’
- Complete form
- If requested, click and hold your mouse button to sign your name, being sure to release the button between your first and last name. You must then type your name in the ‘Signed By:’ box under that. Then click ‘Sign’ next to the area that you typed your name.
- Click the ‘Save’ button
- Repeat this process for all the forms.
- FIRST YEAR Insurance Information Signature: This letter describes the policies and procedures regarding medical insurance and bill payment. Signature(s) as indicated.
- FIRST YEAR Athlete Medical History: This form supplies UNCG with your past and current medical history. Signature(s) as indicated.
- FIRST YEAR Contact Lens: Please obtain your contact lens prescription from your optometrist and complete the form. Signature(s) as indicated.
- FIRST YEAR Assumption of Risk: By signing this form, you indicate that you are aware of and accept the potential physical hazards of being a student-athlete. Signature(s) as indicated.
- FIRST YEAR Consent to Disclose PHI: By signing this form, you indicate that you are aware of how UNCG is able to use your protected health information. ALSO, all student-athletes must sign over authority to allow the athletic training staff to procure, store and issue your prescription medications if necessary, (ie albuterol). Signature(s) as indicated.
- FIRST YEAR Eating Attitudes: Healthy attitudes about and toward eating and food are important for academic and athletic success. This tool will assist in identifying any potential areas of concern to be addressed with a member of the UNCG Sports Medicine Team. Signature(s) as indicated.
- Sickle Cell Trait: After viewing the “Sickle Cell Education” power point (found on the athletics website under the athletic training section), you will fill out one of the following forms. If you are able to provide us with results from a previous screening, complete the FIRST YEAR Sickle Cell Trait Screen Declination and Release of Claims. If you do not have results, you will be tested as part of your athletic physical and at no cost to you. Please sign the FIRST YEAR Sickle Cell Trait Screening and Release of Results. Signature(s) as indicated.
Please assure that all forms are completed and saved 2 weeks prior to when you (son/daughter) report to campus. If you need to provide any additional documentation to us (such as a front/back copy of your insurance card, sickle cell results, supporting medical information, etc.), please do so as soon as possible, during SOAR orientation or mail to the address listed below.
UNCG Head Athletic Trainer
136 HHP Building
PO Box 26168
Greensboro, NC 27402