GREENSBORO, N.C. – UNCG cross country will run in its third meet in as many weeks at the HPU VertCross Invite Friday in Kernersville, N.C. The annual meet will be held by Triad-rival High Point.
“We’ve had a stint of important training," said head coach Chad Pearson. “We plan to line up for a final tune up before the Southern Conference Championships on Oct. 27.”
Links for live results are available at UNCGSpartans.com.
- Held at the Ivey M. Redmon Sports Complex.
- The women's 5,000m will start the meet at 4 p.m. followed by the men's 8,000m at 4:45 p.m.
UNCG Women’s Cross Country
- Lining up for the lady Spartans; Kathryn Anderson, Jasmine and Jessica Cullins, Taylor Delaney, Ariana Garcia, India Godlock, Alycia Higgins, Chandler McCaslin, Lefler McManus, Holly Mordoff, Meredith Roberts, Malea Smith and Kaitlyn Stone.
- Delaney paced the Blue and Gold at the Louisville Sports Commission XC Classic.
- Stone followed Delaney followed by Anderson and Smith who finished back-to-back. India Godlock wrapped up the top-five.
- Finished third overall to begin the year at the Elon University Opener.
UNCG Men’s Cross Country
- The following Spartans will race; Tyler Adams, Colin Alexander, Weston Clayton, Dylan Christopher, Brandon Hernandez, Ewan Hynes, Thomas Knepshield, Dalton Miles, Jevon Neal, Juan Rodriguez, Luke Sumerford, Nicholas Thoma and Jonathan Timothy.
- Sumerford led the Spartans at the Louisville Sports Commission XC Classic. Rodriguez recorded the next top finish.
- Hernandez, Knepshield and Jones rounded out the top-five for UNCG.
- Took fourth at the Elon University Opener to start the season.
-- UNCG –