GREENSBORO, N.C. – UNCG cross country will resume its season Saturday at the Louisville Sports Commission XC Classic. The Spartans have been off for a month after Hurricane Florence cancelled the Adidas XC Challenge on Sept. 14.
Links for live results are available at UNCGSpartans.com.
- The 17th Annual Louisville Sports Commission Cross Country Classic will be held at E. P. “Tom” Sawyer State Park.
- The women’s race distance is 5,000 meters, and the men’s race is 8,000 meters.
- The men will start the meet at 9:30 a.m. followed by the women at 10:15 a.m.
- Awards will be presented to the top two men’s and women’s teams and special awards will be given to the Top 25 finishers in each race.
- 28 DI schools will be participating, including SoCon foes ETSU, Mercer and Wofford.
UNCG Women’s Cross Country
Finished third in a 4K to begin the year at the Elon University Opener.
The host school Elon and Duke were behind UNCG for fourth and fifth place. North Carolina A&T, Meredith and North Carolina Central finished in the bottom three slots.
Delaney led the Spartans, and Stone recorded the Spartans’ next top finish. Garcia and the freshmen duo of McCaslin and Anderson rounded out the top-five for UNCG.
UNCG Men’s Cross Country
- Will be eight Spartans running: Colin Alexander, Dylan Christopher, Brandon Hernandez, Trelek Jones, Thomas Knepshield, Juan Rodriguez, William Sandin and Luke Sumerford.
- Took fourth on a 6K course at the Elon University Opener to start the season, finishing ahead of the host school and two others.
- Rodriguez paced the Blue and Gold. Three freshmen followed in Knepshield, Alexander and Cameron Belk. Sumerford wrapped up the top-five.
-- UNCG –