GREENSBORO, N.C. - Seeing their winning streak halted at five this past Friday, UNCG women's soccer will look to split decisions on their current South Carolina road trip, facing off with Wofford at 2 p.m. this Sunday. The Spartans are coming off their first SoCon loss of the season after a 2-0 road defeat at the hands of Furman, while the Terriers are looking for a perfect weekend after earning their first conference victory over VMI on Friday.
• UNCG has never lost a match to the Terriers, over 27 total meetings, however five of the pair's last nine meetings have gone to overtime.
• From 1997-2010 the Spartans had a favored goal differential of plus-44, from 2011 onward that advantage has been just plus-four
• UNCG took its first SoCon loss of the season against Furman this last Friday, after opening up conference-play with back to back shutout wins over the Citadel and Mercer
• Cienna Rideout finished the night against the Paladins with five shots, and recorded her team's lone SOG, she currently leads the Spartans with 51 and 21 in those two respective categories
• Freshman keeper Abby Buchholz delivered four stops against the Paladins on Friday, her GAA has dropped to 2.03 after recording an average of 4.31 through the first four appearances of her career
• Sophomore defender Gracie Timbario scored the first goal of her career in the Spartans' 2-0 shutout victory over Mercer, making a run from midfield to inside the 18, before tucking away the finish
• Freshman Gabi Santora scored a goal and registered an assist against the Citadel to bring her total to a team-high of 10 points on the year
• The Terriers secured a pair of goals against VMI this past Friday, just their third multi-goal effort of the campaign, the side is currently averaging .80 goals per game over their past 10 matches
• Sophomore defender Katie Gilligan currently leads Wofford with seven goals on the year, she ranks second overall in the Southern Conference this year
COMING UP NEXT
The Spartans will have just a single match next weekend, with VMI coming to Greensboro next Friday at 7 p.m. UNCG has lost just once to the Keydets over six meetings in total, and are on a three-match winning streak against the side.
-- UNCG –