GREENSBORO, N.C. – UNC Greensboro women’s soccer concludes a three-game road trip to face High Point on Labor Day at 7 p.m.
The game will be streamed on ESPN+. Links for the stream and live stats are available at UNCGSpartans.com.
All-Time Series Vs. High Point
- Own a 7-1-1 advantage over High Point, outscoring the Panthers 22-3.
- Only loss came in High Point, a 2-0 decision on August 23, 2015.
- Defeated High Point 4-0 last Labor Day at home.
- Opened the year with a 0-2-1 record with a home loss to Arkansas (3-0) and a tie to Campbell (3-3) and loss to Richmond (2-1) on the road.
- Nicole Souply leads the team with 3 points and is one of four Spartans to record a goal this season.
- Picked as the favorite to win the 2019 Southern Conference Championship after claiming the top spot in the preseason coaches’ poll and return all but two starters and two other letterwinners from last year’s team that went 15-5-1, 7-2-0 and won a second-straight SoCon Tournament Championship.
- With 24 career goals and 61 points, Cienna Rideout needs just two more goals and five points to crack the top-10 in each all-time category in program history. She is the active career in the SoCon in goals, points and game-winning goals (nine) and is second in assists (13).
- Aiyanah Tyler-Cooper ranks in school history fifth in career goals against average (1.02), seventh in saves (212) and ninth in shutouts (14). In the SoCon, she is the active career leader in saves and shutouts and is second in goals against average and wins (24).
Last Time Out-UNCG
- Fell 2-1 at Richmond last Friday.
- The Spiders scored twice in the first half to secure the victory.
- Souply headed a ball in for her first goal of the season from a pass by Gracie Timbario with 15 seconds left.
- UNCG had the edge in corner kicks (6-4), but Richmond held the advantage in shots (17-10).
Scouting High Point
- Dropped its first three games of the year to VCU (1-0) at home and Elon (1-0) and West Virginia (3-0) on the road.
- Picked to finish fifth in the 11-member Big South Conference.
- Senior defender Allie Reagan was selected as the Big South Preseason Defensive Player of the Year.
- Returns nine starters and eight other letterwinners from last year’s team that went 5-10-4, 3-4-3 season with five shutouts.
- Sophomore forward Skyler Prillaman led the team last year in points (17) and goals (seven) to win the Big South Freshman of the Year award.
-- UNCG –