GREENSBORO, N.C. – UNC Greensboro women’s soccer travels to face Richmond Friday at 4 p.m.
The game will be streamed on ESPN+. Links for the stream and live stats are available at UNCGSpartans.com.
All-Time Series Vs. Richmond
- Split a pair of games against the Spiders.
- Bounced back after a season-opening loss at home to RV/RV Arkansas to tie Campbell 3-3 on the road Sunday night.
- Picked as the favorite to win the 2019 Southern Conference Championship after claiming the top spot in the preseason coaches’ poll and return all but two starters and two other letterwinners from last year’s team that went 15-5-1, 7-2-0 and won a second-straight SoCon Tournament Championship.
- With 24 career goals and 61 points, Rideout needs just two more goals and five points to crack the top-10 in each all-time category in program history. She is the active career in the SoCon in goals, points and game-winning goals (nine) and is second in assists (13).
- Tyler-Cooper ranks in school history fifth in career goals against average (1.00), seventh in saves (208) and ninth in shutouts (14). In the SoCon, she is the active career leader in saves and shutouts and is second in goals against average and wins (24).
Last Time Out-UNCG
- Scored three-straight goals after trailing by a goal early into the game against Campbell.
- The Fighting Camels scored twice in the last six minutes to send it to overtime.
- Recorded a sizable advantage in corner kicks (12-1) and had the edge in shots (26-18), including 4-1 in overtime, and shots in goal (11-7).
- Had its season-opener against Longwood last Thursday cancelled in the second half due to weather and tied East Carolina 1-1 on the road Sunday night.
- Picked to finish 11th in the 14-member Atlantic 10 Conference.
- Coming off a 2-15-1 overall season with both of the wins and tie coming in league play.
- Returns six starters and 13 other letterwinners from 2018 to pair with 14 newcomers.
- Senior forward Brooke Beam led the team last year in scoring with six points. Junior midfielder T.J. Anderson and Beam are the only returnees to record more than one goal or two points last season.
-- UNCG –