GREENSBORO, N.C. – UNC Greensboro women’s soccer faces Campbell Sunday at 7 p.m. in its first road game of the 2019 season.
The game will be streamed on ESPN+. Links for the stream and live stats will be available at UNCGSpartans.com.
All-Time Series Vs. Campbell
- Owns a 6-1 record against the Fighting Camels.
- All seven matchups occurred during 1992-97 seasons.
- Picked as the favorite to win the 2019 Southern Conference Championship after claiming the top spot in the preseason coaches’ poll and return all but two starters and two other letterwinners from last year’s team that went 15-5-1, 7-2-0 and won a second-straight SoCon Tournament Championship.
- With 24 career goals and 60 points, Rideout needs just two more goals and six points to crack the top-10 in each all-time category in program history.
- Tyler-Cooper ranks in school history fifth in career goals against average (1.00), seventh in saves (204) and ninth in shutouts (14).
- Led the SoCon in goals (2.38) and assists (2.29) per game and was second in shutouts (eight) and third in goals against average (0.99) last year.
Last Time Out-UNCG
- Dropped its season-opener 3-0 to RV/RV Arkansas Thursday at home.
- Tying a career-high with 11 saves, goalkeeper Tyler-Cooper became the seventh Spartan to record more than 200 career saves, moving past Jamie Simmons (194/2012-13) with 204.
- Sunday’s game is the season-opener for the Camels.
- Picked to finish fourth in the Big South Conference preseason poll.
- Coming off a 7-11-1 overall season while posting a 5-4-1 mark in league play and advanced to the semifinals of the conference tournament for a program best fifth-straight season.
- Returns 17 players from 2018 to pair with eight freshman and a duo of transfers in senior midfielder Katie Lockwood (Alabama) and redshirt-sophomore defender Zona Kinnaman (Utah).
- Senior forward Alexa Genas won the 2017 Big South Attacking Player of the Year and last season netted nine goals and dished out one assist. Genas ranks third all-time in Campbell history in goals (32).
-- UNCG –