GREENSBORO, N.C. - UNCG women's soccer looks to extend its win streak to three on Friday, traveling to Birmingham to faceoff with fellow SoCon member Samford. The Spartans will be riding a pair of back-to-back shutout victories over VMI and Wofford, while the Bulldogs attempt to recover from a 1-0 slip-up against Mercer this past Sunday.
• The Spartans currently trail their all-time matchup with Samford, holding a 5-6-1 record against the Bulldogs all-time
• Samford has been victorious in five of its last six matchups with UNCG, however all but of one of those contests was decided by a single goal
• Defender Kayla Campbell scored the game-winner against the Keydets last Friday, collecting her team-high fourth goal of the season
• The Spartan defense has not yielded a goal in its last 236 minutes of play, recording back-to-back shutouts against Wofford and VMI
• Of the Spartans' five shutouts, three have come in SoCon play, goalkeeper Abby Buchholz' goals against average in conference sits at .80, while her save percentage averages .800
• UNCG holds a goal differential of plus-13 over their past eight matches, keeping a record of 7-1-0 over that span
• Leading the Spartans in shots per game, Cienna Rideout's 4.36 average currently ranks 20th in Division I women's soccer
• With 208 on the year, Samford has committed nearly 50 more fouls than any other team in the conference in 2019, while the side's 14 yellow cards are also a conference-high
• Freshman forward Taylor Yount ranks second in the SoCon with eight goals and 18 points this season, two more tallies would already put her first-year performance among the top-five scoring seasons in Samford program history
COMING UP NEXT
The Spartans will stay on the road with a day trip to Chattanooga on Sunday. UNCG will be looking to continue its 15-match unbeaten streak against the Mocs, playing in their final road contest of 2019.
-- UNCG –