GREENSBORO, N.C. - UNCG women's soccer preps for its fourth road contest of the season this Sunday, facing off with the Gardner-Webb Runnin' Bulldogs in Boiling Springs. The Spartans will be looking to bounce back from their recent home loss to Davidson, while GWU tries to shake a seven-match winless streak to start the season.
• This Sunday will be the first-ever meeting between Gardner-Webb and UNCG in the regular season
• Matching up with their third Big South opponent of 2019, the Spartans hold a commanding 31-8-4 record against all current members of the conference all-time
• Sophomore forward Nicole Souply leads the Spartans with five points in 2019, scoring back-to-back goals on the road against Richmond and High Point earlier in the season
• Freshman keeper Abby Buchholz made her second career start on Thursday night against Davidson, she's delivered nine stops in those two matches combined
• Sophomore Jordin Mosley currently leads her team in assists, with her two helpers on the season coming in a 3-3 draw at Campbell
• Averaging six saves per game, the Spartans currently lead the SoCon in stops per match and rank 43rd in all of Division I women's soccer
• All five of UNCG's true freshman have made appearances for Head Coach Michael Coll in 2019, with four of those first-year Spartans earning starts
• Gardner-Webb (0-6-1) is yet to deliver its first winning decision on the year, with five of its six losses coming on a single goal deficit
• Leading the Bulldogs with nine points in 2019, senior midfielder and two-time All-Big South selection Stina Kleppe currently ranks sixth in the nation with 33 attempts at net
COMING UP NEXT
The Spartans return home to face in-state rival Elon this Thursday at 7 p.m., drawing against the Phoenix 2-2 last August.
-- UNCG –