GREENSBORO, N.C. – UNC Greensboro women’s soccer faces Iowa at home Sunday at 1 p.m.
The game will be streamed on ESPN+. Links for the stream and live stats are available at UNCGSpartans.com.
All-Time Series Vs. Iowa
- This will be the first-ever meeting between the two schools.
- Opened the year with a 0-3-1 record with a home loss to Arkansas (3-0), tie to Campbell (3-3) and losses to Richmond (2-1) and High Point (2-1, overtime) on the road.
- Rank in the nation 26th in corner kicks per game (7.0).
- Nicole Souply leads the team with 5 points and is the only Spartans with more than one goal.
- With 24 career goals and 61 points, Cienna Rideout needs just two more goals and five points to crack the top-10 in each all-time category in program history. She is the active career in the SoCon in goals, points and game-winning goals (nine) and is second in assists (13).
Last Time Out-UNCG
- Fell 2-1 in overtime at Triad-rival High Point on Labor Day.
- Souply scored for the second-straight game, both on headers.
- UNCG had the edge in corner kicks (8-4) and shots (22-11).
- Rideout had a game-high six saves with one on goal, and Gabi Santora also had five with two on goal.
- Play No. 14 NC State Friday at 5 p.m. before heading over to Greensboro.
- Ranked seventh in the United Soccer Coaches North Region rankings and undefeated with four wins over Western Michigan (2-0), Northern Iowa (6-1), Iowa State (2-1) and Illinois State (4-3), all at home.
- Scored a Big Ten-best 14 goals, ranking seventh in the nation. Senior mifielder/defender Natalie Winters leads the team in scoring with three goals and seven points. Eight other Hawkeyes have produced a goal with freshman forward Gianna Gourley, redshirt-senior forward Kaleigh Hause and senior forward Devin Burns each having two of them.
- Picked to finish 10th in the 14-member Big Ten Conference. Burns, Winters and sophomore defender Riley Whitaker were named to the Big Ten Preseason Honors List.
- Return 10 starters and 22 letterwinners from last year’s team that went 8-7-3 last season with a 4-5-2 record in league play.
-- UNCG –