GREENSBORO, N.C. - UNCG women's soccer rides an offensive hot streak and a two-match winning streak into the weekend, hosting visiting East Carolina this Saturday at 7 p.m.
The Spartans have hit the back of the net 10 times between their last two contests, delivering back-to-back wins over Gardner-Webb and Elon by scores of 6-0 and 4-3 respectively. UNCG has shown both offensive prowess and the ability to grind out matches over the past week, routing the Bulldogs from start to finish and fighting off a Phoenix squad that tallied three equalizers before succumbing to a loss in Greensboro.
• Over five meetings all-time, ECU currently leads the series between the Pirates and Spartans at 3-2
• East Carolina won the two teams' last contest in 2016, 1-0 in Greenville, N.C.
• After scoring five goals in their first six games combined, the Spartans have recorded a total of 10 tallies in their last two matches against Elon and Gardner-Webb
• Freshman Gabi Santora collected the first brace of her career against Elon, scoring the game-winner during the 87th minute
• Santora is now tied for a team-high in points (6) with senior forward Cienna Rideout, who notched the second goal of her past two appearances against the Phoenix
• Isabelle Blomdahl registered a career-high three points against Elon, scoring her team's third goal of the night and assisting on the game-winner
• Averaging 3.88 shots per game, Rideout currently ranks 38th in the country
• ECU is 2-1-1 when outshooting opponents in 2019, but 1-3-0 when trailing in the category
• The Pirates lead the AAC with an average of 8.00 fouls committed per match
COMING UP NEXT
Conference play officially begins on Friday the 27th as the Spartans host visiting Citadel at 7 p.m. UNCG has never lost to the Bulldogs over 18 matchups all-time, with the Citadel getting outscored 87-9 since the pair's first meeting in 2001.
-- UNCG –