Women's Soccer Welcomes Ranked NC State to Greensboro for Wednesday Matchup
Update: The game has been moved to 1 p.m. and there will be no live stream due to the potential impacts of Hurricane Florence.
GREENSBORO, N.C. – UNCG women’s soccer hosts No. 17 NC State Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the last home nonconference game of the season.
The game will be streamed on ESPN+. Links for the stream and live stats are available at UNCGSpartans.com.
All-Time Series Vs. NC State
- Owns a 7-6-3 record against NC State.
- Have gone 6-0-2 in the last eight meetings against the Wolfpack, outscoring them 13-4.
- Head coach Michael Coll is 1-0-1 against NC State with a 2-2 tie at home in 2014 and 2-0 win in Raleigh in 2015.
- Enter the matchup with a 5-1-1 record and have outscored opponents 15-7.
- Is on a three-game winning streak and have the second-best winning percentage (.786) in the Southern Conference.
- Have a 3-1-1 record against in-state opponents: wins against High Point (4-0), Gardner-Webb (2-1) and Davidson (2-1), a tie with Elon (0-0) and a loss to UNCW (4-3).
- Off to the best seven game-start since the 2010 team, who eventually won the SoCon Regular Season and Tournament Championships, that also went 5-1-1.
- Tied for third in the league in shutouts (three).
- Cienna Rideout leads the team both in goals (four) and points (nine). After missing the opening weekend, Rideout has scored in all four games she’s played. She ranks first in the SoCon in game-winning goals per game (0.8), second in points per game (1.8) and tied for fourth in goals per game (0.8).
- Kaley Tucker is next in scoring with three goals and seven points.
- Quiqui Hita, Nicole Souply and Isabelle Blomdahl each have two goals.
- Goalkeeper Aiyanah Tyler-Cooper has played all but 15 minutes this year and made the fifth-most saves (24) in the conference with a 0.99 goals against average. She won the first SoCon Player of the Week award of the season after recording a .900 save percentage and 0.45 goals against average in the opening weekend.
Last Time Out-UNCG
- Defeated Davidson 2-1 on the road last Friday.
- Souply notched her second-straight game-winner in the 52nd minute.
- Blomdahl gave the Spartans a quick 1-0 lead not even four minutes into the game on a header in the box.
- Put pressure on Davidson all second half with a 12-3 shots advantage and allowed just one Wildcats’ shot on goal.
- Finished with a 21-8 shots and 9-3 shots on goal advantage. The Spartans also had the edge in corner kicks 5-1.
- Tyler-Cooper finished with two saves.
Scouting NC State
- Enters its last nonconference game with a 6-1-1 record.
- Own a 3-0-0 record on the road, defeating Navy 2-1, Penn 1-0 and then-No. 20 Princeton 3-1.
- Also have beaten then-No. 10 South Carolina 2-1.
- Junior midfielder Tziarra King leads the team in both goals (six) and points (15). Before the season the 2017 First-Team All-ACC selection was named to the 2018 MAC Hermann Trophy Watch List. Last season she ranked fourth in goals (17) and fifth in points (40) in Division I.
- Freshman midfielder Anna Toohey and junior forward Kia Rankin are the only other Wolfpack with more than one goal with two each.
- Senior goalkeeper Sydney Wooten has played every minute with a 0.72 goals against average, 18 saves, a .750 save percentage and three shutouts.
- Picked to finish fifth in the ACC Preseason Coaches’ Poll.
- Went 15-5-2, 6-3-3 last year, reached the ACC Tournament Semifinals and fell to Princeton in penalty kicks in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
Last Time Out-NC State
- Fell 2-1 to Nebraska on Sunday.
- Snapped a 14-match undefeated streak at home, the third-longest in program history, as well as a nine-match overall undefeated streak (Nov. 11, 2017).
- Huskers scored the game’s first two goals in the 39th and 47th minute.
- The Pack outshot Nebraska 15-7 with seven on frame and won seven corners compared to the Huskers' five.
- King scored the Wolfpack’s lone goal.
-- UNCG –