GREENSBORO, N.C. – UNC Greensboro men’s soccer heads on the road for the first time this season to play Radford on Labor Day at 7 p.m.
The game will be streamed on ESPN+. Links for the stream and live stats are available at UNCGSpartans.com.
All-Time Series Vs. Radford
- Own a 7-1-1 record against the Highlanders, including 3-0-1 in Radford.
- Last matchup came on Oct. 10, 2000, a 1-0 victory on the road.
- The Chris Rich Era begins in Greensboro. Rich was announced as head coach for the Spartans on July 30. He spent the past 12 years as an assistant coach, including his three most recent stops being at ACC schools in Duke, North Carolina and Virginia Tech.
- Picked to finish fourth in the Southern Conference Preseason Coaches’ Poll.
- Went 8-9-2, 2-2-2 in 2018 with its second-straight trip to the SoCon Championship Game.
- Welcome 14 newcomers to the program with 11 freshmen and three transfers. 11 letterwinners return, including four starters.
- Junior forward Manny Apau is the leading returning scorer with three goals and seven points last year. Also among the returnees is 2017 SoCon Freshman of the Year and second-team all-conference member junior midfielder Nelson Oceano, who had a team-high four assists last year.
Last Time Out-UNCG
- Shut out George Washington 2-0 in its home opener Friday night.
- Rich earned his first win as a head coach at the collegiate level.
- Goalkeeper Ricky Zarri made six saves for his second career shutout.
- Lost its season-opener 2-1 at home to Liberty Friday night.
- Picked to finish second in the nine-member Big South Conference.
- Amadou Macky Diop was picked as the preseason attacking player of the year. Diop led the conference in points (23) and was second in goals (nine) to earn co-freshman of the year honors.
- Coming off a 7-9-0 overall season with a 5-3-0 record in league play to finish second in the standings.
- Return five starters and 13 other letterwinners from 2018.
-- UNCG –