GREENSBORO, N.C. - UNCG men's soccer travels to Belmont this Tuesday for its second match of the Southern Conference season, facing the Bruins for just the third time in program history. The Spartans are coming off a resounding 4-0 shutout defeat of VMI, while Belmont enters the midweek contest looking for its first win of the 2019 SoCon season.
• UNCG has never lost to the Bruins in their program history, going 1-0-1 in the pair's two meetings overall.
• After defeating VMI, the Spartans have gone undefeated in their past nine SoCon season openers, and will look to start the conference season 2-0 for the first time since 2016
• Albert Pedra recorded his first multi-goal performance in a UNCG uniform against VMI, he's tied with Micah Albert for a team-high in goals (5) and points (11) on the season
• The Spartans recorded their second shutout win of the season against the Keydets, holding the side to just two shots on goal
• UNCG has outshot their last three opponents by a combined 61-16, outscoring those clubs 5-2 in the process
• Freshman Cameron Fowler scored the first goal of his career in the Spartans 4-0 win over VMI, giving UNCG seven different goal scorers on the season thus far
• Freshman goalkeeper Brendan Pulley made both stops the Keydets put on frame on Saturday, he's allowed just two goals in his last three starts for a GAA of 0.66
• Sophomore forward Niccolo Dagnoni currently ranks first in the Southern Conference with 1.64 shots on goal per match, while his six goals and 15 points sit second
• The Bruins opened the season on a six-match winless streak before defeating Presbyterian on September 21st, their lone Division I victory of 2019
COMING UP NEXT
The Southern Conference season continues into the weekend, as the Spartans come back home to host Wofford on Saturday at 7 PM. UNCG is 23-7-1 against the Terriers all-time, most recently defeating the side 1-0 in the first round of last year's Southern Conference tournament.
-- UNCG –