GREENSBORO, N.C. – UNC Greensboro men’s soccer faces No. 19 Clemson on the road Friday at 7:30 p.m.
The game will be streamed on ACC Network Extra. Links for the stream and live stats will be available at UNCGSpartans.com.
All-Time Series Vs. Clemson
- Own a 2-7-0 record against Clemson.
- Last matchup came on Sept. 17, 2013, a 2-0 victory by the Tigers in Clemson.
- Split a pair of games in the opening weekend, defeating George Washington 2-0 at home Friday and then falling 4-3 in overtime at Radford on Labor Day.
- Goalkeeper Ricky Zarri has seen every minute of action with a 1.95 goals against average and 13 saves.
- The Chris Rich Era has begun in Greensboro. Rich was announced as head coach for the Spartans on July 30. He spent the past 12 years as an assistant coach, including his three most recent stops being at ACC schools in Duke, North Carolina and Virginia Tech.
- Have 14 newcomers on the roster with 11 freshmen and three transfers. 11 letterwinners return, including four starters, from last year’s team that went 8-9-2, 2-2-2 with its second-straight trip to the SoCon Championship Game.
Last Time Out-UNCG
- Fell 4-3 in overtime at Radford Monday after entering the second half with a 3-0 lead.
-- The Highlanders finished with a 12-1 corner kicks and 24-6 shots advantage. In the second half and overtime, Radford had all nine corner kicks and a 17-2 shots advantage.
-- Zarri made seven saves.
-- Albert recorded the first multi-goal game of his collegiate career.
- Enter the national rankings at No. 19 after defeating South Carolina (4-1) and Detroit Mercy (8-0) at home last weekend.
- 10 players have combined to score the 12 goals, with Grayson Barber leading the way with three.
- Starting goalkeeper George Marks hasn’t had to make a save yet with only two shots faced in 135 minutes of action.
- Picked to finish fifth in the Atlantic Division in the ACC, which has seven teams ranked in the top-25 and three others receiving votes, in the coaches’ preseason poll. Senior defender Malick Mbaye was named to the preseason watch list.
- Coming off a 7-9-1 overall season with a 2-6-0 record in league play and an appearance in the NCAA Tournament.
-- UNCG –