Athletic Training Coaching Staff
Tracy’s qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree in Nutrition from East Carolina University
- Masters of Public Health in Nutrition (MPH) from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Registered Dietitian (RD) through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist (LDN) in North Carolina
- Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD), one of only 750 in the U.S.
- CPR and First Aid Instructor with the American Heart Association for 27 years
Nutrition and health experience:
- Owner of Triangle Nutrition Therapy since 1995
- 25+ years of experience with group presentations and individual counseling
- Sports Dietitian at University of North Carolina at Greensboro, in the Sports Medicine Department since 2011.
- 9 years with Rex HealthCare as a clinical dietitian in the Wellness Center
- Implemented and developed Rex HealthCare programs including a comprehensive weight loss program called Rex Weigh. Developed cancer nutrition counseling materials and courses and developed and delivered sports nutrition, and heart health lecture series.
- Worked in private practice at a substance abuse hospital, as a home health nutritionist, and partnered with local athletic clubs.
- Prenatal nutrition counseling on site at Drs. Kamm McKenzie OB GYN office for 3 years. Currently, patients are referred directly to the Triangle Nutrition office for prenatal nutrition counseling, gestational diabetes, and health and wellness.
- 14 years as Vice President of CPR Consultants, providing American Heart Association CPR in the community and managing a network of instructors in the Training Center.
- Member of Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- Member of North Carolina Dietetic Association ( NCDA)
- Member of Collegiate Professional and Sports Dietitians (CPSDA)
- Member of Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutritionists (SCAN)
- Instructor for American Heart Association CPR and First Aid (AHA)
- Member of American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE)