UNCG track to compete at Duke, Stanford invitationals this weekend
UNCG at Duke Invitational, April 6-7, Durham, N.C.
UNCG at Stanford Invitational, April 6-7, Palo Alto, Calif.
- The UNCG men's and women's track & field teams will split their squads this weekend, sending some representatives to the Duke Invitational in Durham, N.C., while others make their way to Palo Alto, Calif., for the Stanford Invitational.
- The two-day Duke Invitational will be comprised of more than 2,500 competitors representing more than 50 colleges and universities. Wallace Wade Stadium will house the event on the campus of Duke University.
- For the UNCG women, Jade Farlow, Chelsea Willette, Emily Vasquez, Haley Wenos, Chelsea Sumney and Shaina Sumney will compete at Duke on Friday. Tyron Alston, Taylor Day, Dylan Belles and Abraham Kemboi will be the men competing for the Spartans on day one of the meet.
- On Saturday, Corey Paige, Taylor Hurst, John Teeter, Brian Carrington and Eric Williams will compete. Shannon Hall, Kerry Hartman, Ginny Cronley and Kelly Montague will run on the women's side.
- A full schedule of events and live results for the Duke Invitational can be found at flashresults.com.
- On Friday, the trio of Paul Chelimo, Paul Katam and Joey Thompson will represent the Spartan men in Palo Alto, while Ashley Schnell will be the lone female to compete. The meet will be broadcast live at flotrack.org.
- Stanford's Cobb Track and Angell Field will play host to some of the nation's most elite collegiate track and field athletes in addition to numerous professional competitors.
- Last week at the Raleigh Relays, Chelimo ran the fastest 1,500 meter time in the country this year, finishing in 3:40.25. He'll be running the 5,000 meters this weekend at the Sanford Invite.
- Schnell set a new school record last weekend in 1,500m at the Winston-Salem State Collegiate Invitational with a time of 4:23.57.
- Fans can follow the UNCG track & field coaches on Twitter for updates during the meets @UNCGXC.
- UNCG -