GREENSBORO, N.C. - UNCG women's soccer looks to get back in the win column this Sunday, competing in their final road contest of 2019 at UT-Chattanooga. The Spartans are coming off a 2-0 loss to Samford on Friday, while the Mocs will be in search of their third straight Southern Conference win. The two sides will be battling for the number four spot in the SoCon standings this weekend, with fifth-placed UNCG (4-2-0) sitting just behind the Mocs (4-2-1) by half a game.
• The Spartans are 19-3-2 against UTC all-time, and have not lost in Chattanooga since 2005
• UNCG will be looking to continue its 15-match unbeaten streak against the Mocs
• Starting goalkeeper Abby Buchholz made five saves in the Spartans' loss to Samford on Friday, the Bulldogs' first goal put an end to a streak of 242 consecutive shutout minutes from the freshman
• The Spartans are 7-2-0 since September 13th, holding a goal differential of plus-11 over that span
• Defender Kayla Campbell scored her fourth goal of the 2019 campaign last Friday, tallying the game-winner in UNCG's 2-0 victory over VMI
• Senior striker Cienna Rideout currently leads the Southern Conference with 62 shots on the year
• Chattanooga's .704 goals against average leads the SoCon, and ranks 34th in all of Division I women's soccer
• The Mocs have outscored their Southern Conference opponents 9-3 over the first seven matches of the conference season, they already have five SoCon shutouts in 2019
COMING UP NEXT
The Spartans wrap up the 2019 regular season back at home, hosting Western Carolina on the 25th and ETSU on the 27th. UNCG is 21-3-3 against the Catamounts and 12-5-0 against the Bucs all-time.
-- UNCG –