GREENSBORO, N.C. – UNC Greensboro men’s soccer faces Campbell on the road Friday at 7 p.m.
The game will be streamed on ESPN+. Links for the stream and live stats are available at UNCGSpartans.com.
All-Time Series Vs. Campbell
- Own a 17-5-3 record against the Fighting Camels.
- Won 2-1 in overtime last year on Sept. 25 for its third-straight victory over Campbell.
- Enters the game with a 1-3-0 record. The Spartans opened the season with a 2-0 win over George Washington at home. The last two losses have come to two top-20 ACC schools, No. 19 Clemson (2-1) on the road and No. 20 North Carolina (1-0) at home Monday.
- Goalkeeper Ricky Zarri has seen every minute of action with a 1.73 goals against average and 18 saves, which ranks 14th in the nation.
- The Chris Rich Era has begun in Greensboro. Rich was announced as head coach for the Spartans on July 30. He spent the past 12 years as an assistant coach, including his three most recent stops being at ACC schools in Duke, North Carolina and Virginia Tech.
- Has 14 newcomers on the roster with 11 freshmen and three transfers. 11 letterwinners return, including four starters, from last year’s team that went 8-9-2, 2-2-2 with its second-straight trip to the SoCon Championship Game.
Last Time Out-UNCG
- Battled North Carolina tough in a 1-0 loss with the Tar Heels scoring the lone goal in the 67th minute.
- North Carolina outshot UNCG 13-3 along with an 11-1 advantage in corner kicks.
- Zarri made three saves.
- Have shut out its last two opponents George Mason (3-0) and American (4-0) for a 2-1-1 overall record.
- Rank in the nation 16th in corner kicks per game (7.0) and 34th in scoring offense (2.0 goals per game).
- Sophomore forward Eren Elbustu and redshirt freshman forward Adrain Morales have both scored two goals to lead the team in scoring with four points.
- Junior goalkeeper Samuel Lechuga has played every minute with six saves, a .545 save percentage and 1.18 goals against average.
- Picked second in the Big South Coaches’ Preseason Poll with two first-place votes with five starters and 11 other letterwinners returning from last year’s Big South Tournament Champions. Senior Gideon Betz was selected as defensive player of the year.
-- UNCG –