Women's Tennis Falls at Davidson, 4-2
DAVIDSON, N.C. – UNCG women’s tennis dropped a 4-2 matchup with the Davidson Wildcats Wednesday evening at the Davidson Tennis Courts. With the loss, UNCG falls to 3-16 on the season. Davidson improves to 14-3.
The Spartans started the match fast as they recorded wins at two of the three doubles matches to earn the point. Sophia Adams and Corinne Blythe teamed to earn the first win of the day, defeating Ally Sexton and Lindsay Song, 6-4 at No. 3. Emily Ory and Nancy Bridges paired to defeat Samantha Armas and Alyssa Hahn, 7-5 at the second flight to earn the point.
Adams continued to have the hot hand as she knocked off Megan Scholvinck at No. 2, 6-0, 7-6 (7-5) for UNCG’s second point. The Spartans couldn’t manage another victory. Freshman Brianna Gomez took her match to the third set but Davidson clinched the point and her match went unfinished.
- Anna C. Feaster (DAV) def. Nancy Bridges (UNCG) 7-5, 7-5
- Sophia Adams (UNCG) def. Megan Scholvinck (DAV) 6-0, 7-6 (7-5)
- Alexandra Abele (DAV) vs. Brianna Gomez (UNCG) 3-6, 6-4, 2-1, unfinished
- Gabrielle Centenari (DAV) def. Blaine Boaz (UNCG) 2-6, 6-2, 6-1
- Lindsay Song (DAV) def. Emily Ory (UNCG) 6-2, 6-4
- Ava Todd (DAV) def. Tayah Cross (UNCG) 6-0, 6-1
- Megan Scholvinck/Anna C. Feaster (DAV) def. Blaine Boaz/Alice Taylor (UNCG) 6-1
- Emily Ory/Nancy Bridges (UNCG) def. Samantha Armas/Alyssa Hahn (DAV) 7-5
- Sophia Adams/Corinne Blythe (UNCG) def. Ally Sexton/Lindsay Song (DAV) 6-4
UNCG Women's Tennis 3-16
The women’s tennis team closes out the regular season this Saturday as they host the Chattanooga Mocs at noon.