GREENSBORO, N.C. - UNCG women's soccer and Mercer will both bring winning streaks into this Sunday's contest, with the Spartans coming out on top in their past four matches and the Bears riding an eight-match win streak.
With both teams coming off a win in their Southern Conference opener, a hot UNCG offense is going to meet up with a stiff Bears defense. Scoring 15 goals on their current streak, the Spartans are averaging 3.75 goals per contest since September 15th, while Mercer has given up just five goals since August 30th, an average of 0.63 goals allowed per match.
• UNCG is 6-1-1 against Mercer all-time, and are a perfect 3-0-0 when facing the Bears in Greensboro
• The Spartans will be looking to defeat Mercer for a third straight time this Sunday
• UNCG has scored 15 goals on its current four-match winning streak, putting together a scoring average of 3.75 goals per contest
• After earning SoCon Offensive Player of the Week on Tuesday, freshman Gabi Santora added another three points to her total against the Citadel on Friday, she has nine points in the Spartans' current streak
• Senior striker Cienna Rideout recorded three points against the Bulldogs as well, she trails only Santora (10) for a team-high with nine on the season
• Jordin Mosley added her name onto this year's list of Spartan goal scorers, burying her first of the season against the Citadel. 12 different Spartans have hit the back of the net this season
• Defender Kayla Campbell tallied her third goal in the last four matches, all of her finishes have come off of corner opportunities in 2019
• Mercer is off to their best start in at least a decade this year (9-1-0), with their lone loss of the season coming to No. 10 Tennessee
• The Bears' offensive pressure has given them an average of 7.22 corners per contest, ranking 11th in the country. Their 2.33 goals per match are 37th in the country
COMING UP NEXT
The Spartans will play nothing but Friday and Sunday contests throughout the remainder of the regular season, traveling to Furman and Wofford this next weekend. UNCG is currently on a two-match winning streak against the Paladins, and has never lost a match to the Terriers over 26 total meetings.
-- UNCG –