GREENSBORO, N.C. – UNC Greensboro women’s soccer faces Davidson at home Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
The game will be streamed on the SoCon Digital Network. Links for the stream and live stats are available at UNCGSpartans.com.
@UNCG Students this Thursday your @UNCGWSoccer team takes on Davidson at 7:30 pm! This game is dedicated to the fight against Pediatric Cancer. The first 100 students to donate at least $1 at the game will receive a free UNCG long sleeve t-shirt! Link: https://t.co/tZgkJpnE55 pic.twitter.com/myM8pZxVCP— UNCG Promotions (@UNCGPromotions) September 10, 2019
All-Time Series Vs. Davidson
- Dominated the series against the former SoCon foe 24-5-2.
- Last year on Sept. 7, the Spartans won 2-1 in Davidson to extend their winning streak to five games against the Wildcats.
- Opened the year with a 0-4-1 record with 3-0 home losses to Arkansas and Iowa, tie to Campbell (3-3) and losses to Richmond (2-1) and High Point (2-1, overtime) on the road.
- Rank in the nation 61st in corner kicks per game (5.8).
- Nicole Souply leads the team with 5 points and is the only Spartans with more than one goal.
- With 24 career goals and 61 points, Cienna Rideout needs just two more goals and five points to crack the top-10 in each all-time category in program history. She is the active career in the SoCon in goals, points and game-winning goals (nine) and is second in assists (13).
Last Time Out-UNCG
- Shut out 3-0 at home to Iowa Sunday afternoon.
- Hawkeyes had the advantage in shots (23-6) and corner kicks (10-1).
- Abby Buchholz recorded her first collegiate start and made eight saves.
- Enter the game with a 3-3-0 record.
- Defeated Georgia Southern 1-0 Sunday at home that snapped a three-game losing streak with losses to Western Carolina (1-0), Mercer (6-1) and Georgia State (2-1).
- Senior midfielder/forward Sabine Chandler is the only Wildcat to record more than one goal and leads the team in scoring with five points.
- Senior goalkeeper Sarah L’Hommedieu has played all but 16 minutes with 21 saves, a .656 save percentage and a 1.87 goals against average.
- Picked to finish 12th in the 14-member Atlantic 10 Conference. 26 letterwinners, including seven starters, return from last year’s team that went 2-14-1 last year with an 0-9-1 mark in league play.
-- UNCG –