GREENSBORO, N.C. – UNCG women’s soccer will host Triad-rival High Point on Labor Day at 7 p.m.
The game will be streamed on the SoCon Digital Network. Links for the stream and live stats are available at UNCGSpartans.com.
All-Time Series Vs. High Point
- Own a 6-1-1 advantage over High Point, outscoring the Panthers 18-3.
- Defeated High Point 1-0 last Labor Day on the road.
- Only loss came in High Point, a 2-0 decision on August 23, 2015.
- Enter the holiday matchup with a 3-1-1 record.
- Are 1-1-1 against in-state opponents
- Kaley Tucker leads the team in points (seven) and is tied with Cienna Rideout in goals (three).
- Rideout is one of two players in the Southern Conference with more than one game-winning goal.
- Goalkeeper Aiyanah Tyler-Cooper has played all 470 minutes this year and has made 16 saves with a 1.15 goals against average. She won the first SoCon Player of the Week award of the season after recording a .900 save percentage and 0.45 goals against average in the opening weekend.
- The reigning SoCon Tournament Champion received the most first-place votes with five in the SoCon Coaches’ Preseason Poll and was selected to finish second.
- Placed a league-high three players on the preseason all-conference team: Rideout, Emily Jensen and Heida Ragney Vidarsdottir.
- The three all-league preseason selections were the most for UNCG since 2011 when the program had four players picked for the preseason honor.
- Jensen earned first-team All-SoCon honors last season, helping the Spartans record nine shutouts as a team and finishing second on the team in scoring with 12 points (five goals and two assists).
- Vidarsdottir garnered second-team All-SoCon last year, scoring two goals and dishing out an assist.
- Rideout led the team last year in points (16) and goals (seven), scoring all but one of her goals in the last five games of the season.
- Tyler-Cooper led the SoCon last season in save percentage (.848), was second in saves (106) and shutouts (eight) and third in goals against average (0.94) last year to go along with a 10-7-3 record.
- Return 15 letterwinners, seven starters and 83 percent of the goal production and welcome 12 newcomers, all freshmen.
Last Time Out-UNCG
- Beat Longwood 1-0 Friday for the first road and shutout victory of the season.
- Rideout scored the game’s only goal in the 26th minute off a pass from Jensen. Since making her debut last Friday in the 3-1 victory at Richmond, Rideout has scored a goal in all three games played.
- UNCG finished with a 13-10 shots and 7-3 corner kicks advantage.
- Rideout and Jordin Mosley led the Spartans with three shots each. Gracie Timbario, Ragney Vidarsdottir and Nicole Souply all notched a shot on goal.
- Tyler-Cooper finished with three saves for her second shutout of the year.
Scouting High Point
- Enters its road contest with a 1-3-1 record.
- Won its season-opener against Appalachian State 4-0 at home and then dropped three-straight on the road at UNCW (2-0), VCU (3-1) and Virginia Tech (2-1).
- Part of 13 newcomers, freshmen forwards Skyler Prillaman (no relation to UNCG’s Caylin Prillaman) and Caitlin Shepherd both lead the Panthers in scoring (four points) and goals (two).
- Seniors Emily Lyon and Charlotte Kennedy and junior Talia Klimes have combined for 30 saves on the year, the most of any team in the Big South. Kennedy and Klimes have both appeared in three games with one start. Lyon has made three starts in four games played and has the top goals against average (1.00) and save percentage (.800).
- Picked first in the conference preseason poll after winning both the regular season and conference tournament last year.
- After serving as an assistant and associate head coach for nine years, Brandi Fontaine takes over as head coach this season.
Last Time Out-High Point
- Tied Elon 0-0 at home on Friday.
- Elon possessed a 25-12 shots and 9-3 shots on goal advantage.
- Klimes and Lyon combined for the shutout. Entering the start of the second half, Klimes made a career-high eight stops.
-- UNCG –