GREENSBORO, N.C. – UNCG women’s soccer will head down I-85 to face Davidson Friday at 7 p.m.
The game will be streamed on ESPN+. Links for the stream and live stats are available at UNCGSpartans.com.
All-Time Series Vs. Davidson
- Owns a 23-5-2 record against Davidson.
- Won the last four games against the Wildcats, all shutouts, from 2010-13.
- Have a 13-3-1 record in games at Davidson, outscoring the Wildcats 31-9 with seven shutouts in the 17 games.
- Enter the matchup with a 4-1-1 record and have outscored opponents 13-6.
- Is 2-1-1 against in-state opponents: wins against High Point (4-0) and Gardner-Webb (2-1), a tie with Elon (0-0) and a loss to UNCW (4-3).
- Off to the best start six games into the year since the 2010 team, who eventually won the SoCon Regular Season and Tournament Championships, that also went 4-1-1.
- Cienna Rideout leads the team both in goals (four) and points (nine). After missing the opening weekend, Rideout has scored in all four games she’s played. She ranks first in the SoCon in points per game (2.25), goals per game (1.0) and game winning goals per game (0.5).
- Kaley Tucker is next in scoring with three goals and seven points. Quiqui Hita is the only other Spartan with more than one goal (two).
- Goalkeeper Aiyanah Tyler-Cooper has played all but 15 minutes this year and has made the third-most saves (22) in the conference with a 0.99 goals against average. She won the first SoCon Player of the Week award of the season after recording a .900 save percentage and 0.45 goals against average in the opening weekend.
- Tied for second in the league in shutouts (three).
- The reigning SoCon Tournament Champion received the most first-place votes with five in the SoCon Coaches’ Preseason Poll and was selected to finish second.
- Placed a league-high three players on the preseason all-conference team: Rideout, Emily Jensen and Heida Ragney Vidarsdottir.
- The three all-league preseason selections were the most for UNCG since 2011 when the program had four players picked for the preseason honor.
- Jensen earned first-team All-SoCon honors last season, helping the Spartans record nine shutouts as a team and finishing second on the team in scoring with 12 points (five goals and two assists).
- Vidarsdottir garnered second-team All-SoCon last year, scoring two goals and dishing out an assist.
- Rideout led the team last year in points (16) and goals (seven), scoring all but one of her goals in the last five games of the season.
- Tyler-Cooper led the SoCon last season in save percentage (.848), was second in saves (106) and shutouts (eight) and third in goals against average (0.94) last year to go along with a 10-7-3 record.
- Return 15 letterwinners, seven starters and 83 percent of the goal production and welcome 12 newcomers, all freshmen.
Last Time Out-UNCG
- Crushed Triad-rival High Point 4-0 at home on Labor Day.
- Nicole Souply notched the game-winner and her first collegiate goal in the 10th minute.
- Rideout doubled UNCG’s lead in the 32nd minute, and Quiqui Hita added a goal five minutes later.
- Caroline Fiorella recorded her first collegiate goal in the 82nd minute.
- Finished with a 21-10 shot advantage, including 14-4 in the first half. Eight of the 11 shots on goal for the Spartans came in the first half.
- Tyler-Cooper finished with three saves and combined with Anna Bryant for UNCG’s third shutout of the year. In her collegiate debut, Bryant made three saves in the last 15 minutes of the game.
- Scouting Davidson
- Enters its Senior Night with a 2-4-0 record.
- Coming off an 0-2 week last week against Mercer (L, 0-3) and at Georgia Southern (L, 0-1) that’s part of a three-game losing streak.
- 1-2 at home this year, scoring a 3-2 overtime win against USC Upstate, Aug. 20.
- Junior defender Alexis Pheng paces the team with two goals and four points.
- Senior midfielder/defender Perry Zollicoffer has three assists, while fellow senior Natalie Connell has a goal and an assist.
- Junior forward/defender Michele Maceaux has a team-high 13 shots with eight on goal.
- Goalkeepers Mary Grace Bunch (freshman) and Sarah L'Hommedieu (junior) have each started three games. Bunch has 15 saves, .789 save percentage and 1.31 goals against average. L'Hommedieu has started the last three games with 11 saves, a .647 save percentage and a 2.00 goals against average.
- Head coach Adam Denton enters his second year at the helm of the program and guided the team to a 2-14-3 record in his first year.
- 24 letterwinners and six starters return from last season, including six starters. 11 newcomers join the team this year, with 10 of them being freshmen.
- Picked to finish tied for 12th in Atlantic 10 Preseason Coaches’ Poll.
Last Time Out-Davidson
- Fell 1-0 to Georgia Southern on the road last Sunday.
- Wildcats held a slim 13-12 edge in shots while the Eagles had a 3-2 advantage on corner kicks.
- Sophomore midfielder Sydney Simmons recorded a team-high three shots.
- L'Hommedieu finished with three saves.
-- UNCG –