Women's Tennis Falls at Clemson, 5-2
ANDERSON, S.C. – UNCG women’s tennis took on the No. 41 Clemson Tigers Saturday afternoon at the AU Tennis Center. Clemson took the doubles point and four singles matches to earn the victory. UNCG falls to 3-6 on the season, while Clemson improves to 7-6.
Clemson took the doubles points after earning a 6-2 win at No. 3 and a 6-3 win at No. 1 to earn the first point. The No. 2 match went unfinished as the Tigers had already clinched the first point of the match.
Nancy Bridges (Shelby, N.C./Shelby) got UNCG on the board first, playing tough and winning 3-6, 7-6 (7-5), 1-0 (10-8) at No. 1, defeating Navarro Fernanda. Brianna Gomez (Miami, Fla./John A. Ferguson) added another point after defeating Laura Marti, 7-5, 7-5 at No. 5.
- Nancy Bridges (UNCG) def. Fernanda Navarro (CU) 3-6, 7-6 (7-5), 1-0 (10-8)
- Tate Schroeder (CU) def. Alice Taylor (UNCG) 6-3, 6-1
- Sydney Riley (CU) def. Blaine Boaz (UNCG) 6-0, 6-1
- A Miller-Krasilnikov (CU) def. Sophia Adams (UNCG) 6-1, 6-1
- Brianna Gomez (UNCG) def. Laura Marti (CU) 7-5, 7-5
- Daniela Ruiz (CU) def. Tayah Cross (UNCG) 6-1, 6-3
- Marie Leduc/Fernanda Navarro (CU) def. Blaine Boaz/Nancy Bridges (UNCG) 6-3
- A Miller-Krasilnikov/Tate Schroeder (CU) vs. Corinne Blythe/Alice Taylor (UNCG) 5-2, unfinished
- Laura Marti/Sydney Riley (CU) def. Sophia Adams/Emily Ory (UNCG) 6-2
Clemson 7-6; National ranking #41
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1); Singles (3,4,2,1,6,5)
UNCG women’s tennis is back in action Tuesday as they host Longwood at 2 p.m. at the UNCG Tennis Courts