Men's Tennis Drops Home Match with Georgia Southern
GREENSBORO, N.C. – UNCG men’s tennis dropped a tough 4-2 match to the Georgia Southern Eagles Saturday afternoon at the UNCG Tennis Courts. UNCG scored the doubles point, but dropped four of the six singles matches. UNCG falls to 6-9 overall, while former SoCon-rival Georgia Southern improves to 16-11.
Connor Thompson (Atlanta, Ga./Holy Innocents) teamed William Albright (Greensboro, N.C./Grimsley) defeated Christian Kerrigan and Dani Casablancas, 7-6 (3) to earn the first point. Warren Bryan (Greensboro, N.C./Longwood) and Logan Walker (Stuart, Fla./Morningside Academy) took No. 3 and the point, defeating Artemie Amari and Stefano Di Aloy, 7-6 (4).
The Spartans managed just one victory in the singles competition. Thompson defeated JC Alcala in straight-sets, 6-1, 6-2. No singles match went into three sets. Jack Burkill (London, Great Britain/Millfield School) went unfinished at No. 6 singles against Santiago Suarez.
1. Connor Thompson (UNCG-M) def. JC Alcala (GS) 6-1, 6-2
2. Eddie Landin (GS) def. Marcus Vidgren (UNCG-M) 6-4, 6-3
3. Stefano Di Aloy (GS) def. Warren Bryan (UNCG-M) 6-3, 6-1
4. Dani Casablancas (GS) def. William Albright (UNCG-M) 6-0, 6-4
5. Diego Finkelstein (GS) def. Daniel Hammarstedt (UNCG-M) 6-3, 6-3
6. Jack Burkill (UNCG-M) vs. Santiago Suarez (GS) 5-7, 0-2, unfinished
1. Connor Thompson/William Albright (UNCG-M) def. Christian Kerrigan/Dani Casablancas (GS) 7-6 (3-0)
2. Diego Finkelstein/Eddie Landin (GS) def. Marcus Vidgren/Jack Burkill (UNCG-M) 6-2
3. Warren Bryan/Logan Walker (UNCG-M) def. Artemie Amari/Stefano Di Aloy (GS) 7-6 (4-0)
Georgia Southern 16-11
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (1,3,4,2)
The men’s tennis team is back in action tomorrow afternoon as it heads to Radford for a dual match with the Highlanders starting at 1:00 p.m.