Warren Bryan Notches a Pair of Wins in Victory Over Troy
GREENSBORO, N.C. – Warren Bryan (Greensboro, N.C./Longwood) notched two wins in the 4-2 UNCG victory over the Troy Trojans on Sunday afternoon inside the Piedmont Indoor Tennis Center. Bryan earned a come-from-behind victory in No. 6 singles and he partnered with Logan Walker (Stuart, Fla./Morningside Academy) to earn a 6-4 No. 3 doubles victory.
UNCG tallied the first point of the afternoon, winning No.2 and No. 3 doubles. William Albright (Greensboro, N.C./Grimsley) and Jack Burkill (London, Great Britain/Millfield School) defeated Hassan Ndyishimiye and Andrew Baldo, 6-4. Bryan and Walker earned the 6-4 victory at No. 3 to give UNCG the first point.
The results from the No. 1 doubles and No. 1 singles were left unfinished.
The Blue and Gold had earned a couple hard-fought victories to take the match with Troy. Marcus Vidgren (Stockholm, Sweden/Stockholm Idrotts Gymnasium) defeated Andy Lau in three sets, 4-6, 6-3, 6-1. Daniel Hammarstedt (Stockholm, Sweden/Ava Gymnasium) defeated Jaiqi Duan in the first set, 6-4, dropped the second set 4-6 before recording a dramatic 7-6 victory in the final set. Bryan dropped the first set to Filip Mansson, 3-6 before storming back to take sets two and three, 6-3.
1. Hassan Ndayishimiye (TROY) vs. Connor Thompson (UNCG) no result
2. Marcus Vidgren (UNCG) def. Andy Lau (TROY) 4-6, 6-3, 6-1
3. Mustapha Belcora (TROY) def. William Albright (UNCG) 7-5, 6-2
4. Amer Bedwan (TROY) def. Jack Burkill (UNCG) 6-2, 6-2
5. Daniel Hammarstedt (UNCG) def. Jaiqi Duan (TROY) 6-4, 4-6, 7-6
6. Warren Bryan (UNCG) def. Filip Mansson (TROY) 3-6, 6-3, 6-3
The Spartans have a month-long break as they don’t return to action until Feb. 21 at Campbell.